The purpose of the GrBC Writing Center is to teach students processes of conducting academic research in the field of Biblical/Theological Studies as well as the writing of academic papers. The Writing Center encourages students to develop their own way of thinking as scholars, writers and speakers.
The Writing Center helps the students to:
- Understand their assigned research topics and the expectations for academic papers.
- Plan research papers.
- Research with the use of the library/online resources.
- Evaluate sources and how to use them.
- Format academic papers (bibliography, footnotes, citations, chapters, paragraphs etc.).
- Use language effectively (eg. Grammar, spelling, vocabulary, terminology).
- Receive support on each stage of their writing and plan next steps.
- Prepare paper presentations.
Finally, upon request, professors will be notified that respective assignments have been processed at the Writing Center.